In cooperation with the International Office, the Division of Foreign Languages offers a variety of German language courses at different levels during the semester.
- International doctoral candidates enrolled at TU Dortmund University
- International doctoral candidates from the following research institutes enrolled at TU Dortmund University (list of institutes)
- International postdocs at TU Dortmund University
- International researchers and guest lecturers at TU Dortmund University
- Spouses and partners of the above target groups
For these courses a registration via e-mail is required:
- Registration via e-mail to Dr. Carsten Martin.
- International PhD students have to show their certificate of matriculation.
- International researchers and guest lecturers at TU Dortmund University have to prove their university status (e.g. UNICARD Personal).
- A2 and B1 courses: Please send upon registration your previous German language certificates. If you don’t have any, you have to take part in the placement test.
Certificate of attendance
If you attend the course regularly, you will get a certificate of attendance at the end of the course. With this certificate of attendance, you can enroll for the German course for doctoral candidates next semester.
Please note: This certificate does not entail any specific grade.
|Courses||Time / Location||Start / End||Instructor||Registration|
|DaF A1 (beginners without any previous knowledge)||Monday, 05:00 - 07.15 p.m. / online + Thursday 02:00 - 04:15 p.m. / on campus||09 October 2023 |
- February 2024
|Sylvia Muschalla-Staguhn / Cornelia Kurek||Registration via Dr. Carsten Martin|
|DaF A2 (beginners with some knowledge of German)||Tuesday, 6.00 - 8.00 p.m. / online |
Thursday, 4.00 - 6.00 p.m. / online
|10 October 2023 |
- March 2024
|Manuel Rohlfing||Registration via Dr. Carsten Martin|
|DaF B1 (advanced learners)||Friday, 12:30 - 3.45 p.m. / online||13 October 2023 |
- March 2024
|Sylvia Muschalla-Staguhn||Registration via Dr. Carsten Martin|