Registration for Language Courses
On this page you will find information about language course registration.
Publication of the Course Program
The course program is published semester by semester on our course platform on the following dates:
Summer semester: 15 February
Winter semester: 1 August
Registration for the language courses takes place via the course platform.
1. Students and doctoral students currently enrolled at TU Dortmund University
According to university regulations governing the Department of Foreign Languages (zhb), students enrolled at TU Dortmund University receive priority when it comes to the allocation of limited seats in any given course.
2. Cross-registered students at TU Dortmund University and independent auditors currently enrolled at TU Dortmund University
Cross-registered students at TU Dortmund University (i.e. from other universities - so called "Zweithörende") and those auditing the course (so called "Gasthörende") may only partake if seats are available. While cross-registered students (Zweithörende) may earn credits, those independently auditing a course (Gasthörende) may not (with the exception of Seniorenstudierende). Independent auditors do not need to take our placement tests.
Please note: The registration as guest students takes place via Dezernat Student Services of TU Dortmund University. Guest students must register for a specific study program in a department. Guest-student registration for the sole purpose of signing up for our language courses is not permitted.
3. Other groups
Employees of the TU Dortmund University: language courses for employees of the TU Dortmund University are offered through the Innerbetriebliche Weiterbildung
External groups of persons: External groups of persons are not admitted to the language courses of the Foreign Languages Division.
Regulations for the Language Courses in the Department of Foreign Languages
If you are enrolled as a student or as a doctoral candidate at TU Dortmund University, you have access to our course platform with your university ID. Log in via the SSO access and scroll on the program page to the language course of your choice. You also have the option to jump directly to individual languages using the filter menu. At the language course of your choice, click on the registration button. You will receive an automated registration confirmation.
Provided there are free course places, employees of TU Dortmund University can take part in the language courses offered by the Foreign Languages Division. If you are interested, please register with your university ID via the SSO access and contact us by e-mail for advice and activation of your account.
- Registration for our courses is possible within the designated registration period.
- Before the registration period starts, please check if you meet the registration requirements. If you do not meet the prerequisites (i.e. preceding course, placement test), registration to one or more courses is not possible (in that case you will find the course/s marked in red as well as the registration button/s deactivated).
- Placement tests run on designated test dates.
- Please pay attention to our regulations concerning the allotment of course places.
- Please check out the page on the acquisition of course certificates and carefully read the course descriptions on our course platform.
- Course data (time, location, tutor) are possibly subject to change until the start of the enrollment period (under specific circumstances even beyond that date).
Dates & Deadlines SoSe 2023
- Semester: 1 April – 30 September 2023
- Lecture period: 3 April – 14 Juli 2023
- Lecture-free days: 7 April 2023, 10 April 2023, 1 May 2023, 18 May 2023, 29 May 2023, 8 June 2023.
The course program is published on our course platform. Please take note of the course descriptions, which can be viewed / downloaded as PDF-files. Course descriptions as well as course dates (time and location) are subject to change until the beginning of the semester.
You can register for our courses within a designated enrollment period. Enrollment for courses in the winter semester 2022/23 is possible on our course platform mainly in the following time period: 28 September 2022 and 29 September 2022 - 7 September 2022 (2.00 p.m.). The courses are released for registration on a staggered basis.
Registration SoSe 2023
Registration for Ancient Languages will be open from 22 March through 31 March 2023 (12.00 p.m.). Courses will open for registration as follows.
22 March 2023
- from 11:00 a.am
Registration for Romance languages will be open from 21 March through 31 March 2023 (12.00 p.m.). Courses will be released for registration in a staggered manner as follows.
21 March 2023:
- from 9.00 a.m. - French
- from 9.30 a.m. - Italian
- from 10.00 a.m. - Spanish
Registration for English will be open from 21 March through 31 March 2023 (12.00 p.m.). Courses will open for registration as follows.
21 March 2023
- from 11.00 a.m.
Registration for the other modern foreign languages will be open from 22 March through 31 March 2023 (12.00 p.m.). Courses will be released for registration on a staggered basis as follows.
22 March 2023
- from 9.00 a.m. - Arabic, Chinese
- from 9.30 a.m. - Kurdish, Japanese, Dutch
- from 10.00 a.m. - Swedish, Russian, Turkish, Polish
Registration for PAULLA individual language learning counseling will be available beginning 22 March 2023. PAULLA counseling services will be open for registration as follows.
22 March 2023
- from 11.00 a.m.
Registration for the German courses is possible in the period from 28 March to 31 March 2023 (for some courses also in the first lecture week). The courses will be open for registration as follows.
28 März 2023
- from 10.00 a.m.
Registration for German Sign Language is possible as follows.
22 March 2023
- from 11.00 a.m. - DGS I during the semester
- Registration ends on: 31 March 2023, 12.00 p.m.
16 February 2023
- from 9.00 a.m. - DGS I and DGS II compact courses in March 2023
- Registration ends on: 1 March 2023, 4.00 p.m.
23 August 2023
- from 9.00 a.m. - DGS I and DGS II compact courses in September 2023
- Registration ends on: t.b.a.
Language Course Registration
Please confirm video activation.
After activation, cookies will be set and data is sent to YouTube (Google).