The exams for the languages Italian, Spanish and French take place as centralized final exams. They are held during the first week after the end of semester.
Students who meet the following criteria can register for a retake exam:
- Those who have attended their final examination but have not passed it;
- Those who had an examination clash on the date of the final examination;
- Those who were ill on the date of the final examination;
- Those who had to take part in a university event, excursion, compact course or work experience placement on the date of the final examination;
- Those who had to work on the date of the final examination.
We do not accept holiday bookings as a valid criterion for registering for a retake exam.
Scenario 1: If you took the final exam but did not pass it, you are automatically registered for the retake exam. Please briefly confirm your participation in the retake exam via e-mail.
Scenario 2: Please have your participation in the exam confirmed by a written certificate (with letterhead or stamp) (unfortunately, a confirmation of registration is not sufficient) and use it to register for the retake exam via e-mail.
Scenario 3: The medical certificate must not exceed 3 days. Example: You were ill on 1 March 2022 and were diagnosed no later than 4 March 2022.
Scenarios 4 and 5: Please obtain written confirmation (on letterhead or stamped) that you were unable to attend the exam on the scheduled date, and use it to register for the retake exam via e-mail.
Please note: If you do not participate in the final exam without giving valid reasons (see scenarios 2 - 5), the exam is considered as failed (5,0). In this case, you have the option to repeat the exam at the next regular date (= one semester later). In this case, it is not necessary to attend the course again.
You have to register for the retake exam by e-mail at least 3 weeks before the exam date.